I’ve loved photography since I was old enough to pick up a camera, and over the years I’ve come to a few conclusions about this widely-debated art-form …
- I don’t believe an expensive camera makes you a better photographer; in fact my camera of choice is the one on my iPhone.
- If you look at your images and you’re happy with them, then they’re good photographs. Don’t let people tell you otherwise.
- Taking photographs for a living doesn’t make me any better or worse at it than you are.
- There’s a lot of snobbery in photography as there is in most of the arts. Ignore it and get out there with your camera!
- I love Photoshop! There it is. I don’t want to look at dark circles under my eyes and you shouldn’t have to either.
For me the best thing about photography is that it’s accessible to everyone, be it taking serious shots with a DSLR or by grabbing a quick snap on an iPhone. Some of the best images I’ve seen were taken by teenagers on Instagram; such creativity!
I hope the posts in this blog will encourage or help you take more photographs.
My Instagram username is debsylee (surprise, surprise!) … I’d love to see you over there too!